Non-Deairing Mixing Pugmills
(250lb. Max. Batch Sizes)
Non Deairing Pugger-Mixer
“The Pugger-Mixer is a mixer that unloads itself and a pugmill that feeds itself.”
It recycles scrap as well as mixes from dry powder. Complete processing of your clay in one machine saves you space, money, and best of all, your time. Since 1975, the Pugger-Mixer continues to support potters and institutions worldwide.
Batch Sizes: The PM-100, which mixes up to a maximum of 250 Ibs. of moist clay. (Capacities vary depending on clay condition, type, moisture, etc).
Stainless Steel: Shaft, augers and paddles of stainless steel, along with aluminum mixing/pugging chamber, ensures rust-free clay processing.
Large Hopper: The oversized hopper door opening allows for easy loading of clay per batch.
Batch Mixing Capability: Full batch mixing and blending capability allows for moisture adjustment before pugging.
Push Button Controls: The MIX/PUG/STOP buttons are mounted forward so they can be reached from the operator’s side of the machine during loading or from the nozzle during extruding.
Pugmill Output: Switch to PUG after a batch is completely mixed, and the Pugger Mixer unloads itself in the form of round compacted logs.
High Quality, Heavy Duty Drive: The industrial rated electric motor, close coupled to a gear reduction transmission, is the highest quality available. Overload protection is provided in the magnetic motor starter.
Work Surface: A frame of welded steel plate supports the auger shaft and encloses the drive for protection, cleanliness and safety. A cleanable work surface is provided on top for operator convenience.
On Wheels:The PM-100 come with 8″ diameter wheels. They are easily transported for cleaning or storage.
The Pugger-Mixer is the most versatile studio clay processing machine on the market today. It can perform a variety of functions efficiently, transforming clay in any form to a usable product.
- Mix moist clay from powder and water.
- Reclaim scrap – wet or dry (anything that has not been fired).
- Blend two or more different bodies.
- Add materials (wet or dry) to an already moist body.
- Adjust moisture of an already wet body.
- OR just warm the clay by mixing it.
When the clay is adequately mixed, it can be deaired pugged out in the form of logs ready for use.
It is not necessary to continuously hand-feed the Pugger-Mixer as with standard pugmills. Load a full batch, close the lid and turn it on – this eliminates exposure to moving paddles. The Pugger-Mixer shuts off automatically when the lid is opened. All machines are equipped with a thermal overload for protection against overheating.
Thorough cleaning is easy with the pugging chamber and nozzle removed. Complete access to the auger paddles allows the parts to be scraped or hosed clean quickly. Cleaning is minimized or even eliminated if the openings are sealed with plastic between regular uses.
- Safety Lock Out: Optional
- 208-240 Electrical Availability: Optional
- 3 Phase Electrical Availability: Optional
- 60HZ or 50HZ Electrical Availability: Yes
- Maximum Batch Capacity: 250 pounds
- Pugging Rate: 2,000 lbs. per hour
- Mixing Rate: 600 lbs. per hour
- Dimensions: 30″L x 20″W x 57″H
- Crated Weight: 600 lbs. (Ships LTL Trucking)
- Hopper Door Size: 11″ x 11″
- Pug Size: 4″ round
- Electrical: 3 HP, 1ph, 12 amps at 240 volts
- Vacuum Pump: N/A