VPE-8SS Power Extruder
(25 lb. Standard Batch Size)
“The Vacuum Deairing Power Extruder”
Comes equipped with 110V or 240V electrical for standard service.
(HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL CONFIGURATIONS AVAILABLE)
Extruding has never been easier! Peter Pugger’s introduces the latest in extruding technology. With new patented vacuum dearing capability, the VPE-8SS studio power extruder eliminates the issues that are inherent with traditional manual wall extruders and air assisted power extruders. With hands free control, sealed extruding chamber and plenty of force to extrude even the toughest shapes (large or small), Peter Pugger’s new VPE-8SS is the solution to those challenging projects.
STORES MOIST MATERIAL INDEFINITELY
MOUNTS VERTICALLY OR HORIZONTALLY
ELIMINATES AIR BETWEEN “CHUNKS” OF MATERIAL
EASY MOUNT EXTRUSION DIES
INTELLECTUAL (RAPID) RETRACT & EXTRUDING CAPABILITY
PATENTED VACUUM DESIGN (45 YEARS PROVEN)
VARIABLE SPEED CONTROL (HAND OR FOOT OPERATED)
SEALED CHAMBER ELIMINATES NEED TO CLEAN OUT AFTER EVERY USE DUE TO DRIED OUT CLAY
SMALL, EFFICIENT & QUIET
AUTO SAFETY SHUT-OFF
Stainless Steel: Plunger plate of stainless steel, along with a stainless steel extruding chamber ensures rust-free clay processing.
Large Hopper: The oversized hopper door allows for easy loading of up to 25 lbs. of clay per batch.
Pugmill Output: Switch to PUG after a batch is completely mixed, and the Power Wedger unloads itself in the form of 3″ diameter deaired logs.
Sealed Chamber: Here in our Northern California Factory, each pugmill casting has precision CNC machined o-ring grooves incorporated into them which allows the VPE-8SS to effectively store moist clay indefinitely! No other extruder on the market provides this level of precision when it comes to properly sealing all extruder surfaces.
Extruder Output: Switch to EXTRUDE after a batch is loaded and the Power Extruder will begin extruding material using hand or foot operated controls.
Stainless Steel Construction: The Power Extruder main chamber, hydraulic push rod plate and nozzle are made of stainless steel to ensure clay processing without corrossion. Aluminum main chamber, hydraulic push rod plate and nozzle option is available.
Vacuum Deaired: Entire batch can be thoroughly deaired by starting the vacuum pump once batch has been loaded. Air is removed from around “clay chunks” leaving an air-free, high quality product.
Variable Speed: Variable speed allows the operator to control the speed of the motor, thus the speed of the extrusion. This control is especially useful when extruding small objects through dies attached to the nozzle.
Hand and Foot Operation: The Power Extruder can be operated using hand or foot pedal controls.
Rapid Retract: Once the complete batch of material has been extruded, switch to “RAPID RETRACT” to quickly bring the cylinder head back into position for reloading.
The Power Wedger is the most versatile studio clay processing machine on the market today. It can perform a variety of functions efficiently, transforming clay in any form to a usable product. Some examples:
- Mix moist clay from powder and water.
- Reclaim scrap – wet or dry.
- Blend two or more different bodies.
- Add materials (wet or dry) to an already moist body.
- Adjust moisture of an already wet body.
- OR just mix a 25 lb. bag of clay – literally warm the clay by mixing it.
When the clay is adequately mixed, it can be deaired with vacuum and pugged out in the form of logs ready for use.
The power extruder is interlocked for safe loading and maintenance. Load a full batch, close the lid and turn it on-this eliminates exposure to moving components. The machine shuts off automatically when the lid is opened.
Vacuum is provided by a 1/2 HP double-headed rocking piston type diaphragm pump. These new technology pumps are the simplest and quietest vacuum source available. They are maintenance-free and long lasting. The VPE-8SS Power Extruder does not require a large vacuum pump because the clay is continuously exposed to vacuum in the sealed mixing chamber. Once the clay chamber is evacuated, the vacuum pump can be turned off.
With the removal of four bolts, the entire extruding chamber can be accessed so it can be conveniently cleaned out. Cleaning is necessary only to avoid cross contamination. Since the machines are completely sealed, moist clay can be stored indefinitely without drying out.
- Variable Speed Control: Yes
- Vertical Stand (See Accessories): Optional
- Extrusion Dies (See Accessories): Optional
- Tile Nozzle Compatible: Optional
- Foot Pedal Controls: Optional
- Pug Cutter (See Accessories): Optional
- Safety Lock Out: Optional
- Vacuum System: Yes
- 120V Electrical Availability: Yes
- 208-240 Electrical Availability: Optional
- 3 Phase Electrical Availability: Optional
- 60HZ Electrical Availability: Yes
- 50HZ Electrical Availability: Optional
- Maximum Batch Capacity: 25 pounds
- Operational PSI: 1200-1800psi
- Dimensions: 38″L x 16″W x 21″H (Horizontal Version)
- Crafted Weight: Stainless Version – 230 lbs. (Ships LTL Trucking)
- Hopper Door Size: 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Extrusion Size: Multiple configurations avail.
- Hydraulics/Electrical: 1/2 HP 1-phase, 8 amps at 120 volts, 4 amps at 240V
- Vacuum Pump: 1/2 HP, 3 amps at 120 volts, 2 amps at 240V
- Crated Weight: 210lbs. (Horizontal) 90lbs. (Power Pack)
- Additional Equipment: Vertical Stand (optional), Foot Pedal Control (optional)